|Verity Marketing |
Marketing that gets to the point.
|33 Stilwell Av. 102 3GW Tel 01223 783412 Fax 01223 78400 www.xverityx.com e-mail email@example.com|
Here are the conclusions of the market survey.
1. There is a large difference in Hapman's and Ausweiss's corporate images.
2. People think of Ausweiss as a company that makes outdoor and leisurewear for teens and young adults. Their product is seen as a luxury good.
3. Many young people think of Hapman's clothes as 'clothes your parents wear.' Everyone agrees that Hapman's are a good price and good value. They will buy Hapman's for everyday wear, but profit margins are small in comparison to Ausweiss
4. Older people buy Hapman's because they know and trust the brand, and because they are less concerned about fashion, and they are not a part of Ausweiss' target market.
5. The corporate identity that Ausweiss wants is of a company for teens and young professionals. In theory, people wear Ausweiss for going hiking in the mountains, but our research shows that it is more likely to be worn to barbeques, or for going shopping with friends
|6. The Ausweiss logo - (see pic) is recognised by 70% of young adults and 92% of teens. The Hapman's logo had 78% and 85% recognition in the same, even though our brand is much older. |
7. Because the main selling point of Hapman's clothing is affordable everyday wear, it is not possible to increase margins by raising prices without encountering price resistance from our core market. The same core market would be upset by any attempt to reposition Hapman's as a brand for young energetic people.
Analysis: There is a small market for outdoor clothing targeted at older customers because Ausweiss doesn't try to sell to this group. However, if we want to go head-to-head with Ausweiss, we can't use the Hapman's brand. Hapman's will have to create a new brand for the teens and young adults