Watch Video Exercise 1 Exercise 2 Exercise 3
Look at these situations and decide which is the best gesture to use each time. Use each gesture only once.
A. hand waggle B. shrug C. blink D. thumbs down E. scratch head F. wave G. wink H. thumbs up
1. You have a model that you are trying to put together, but the instructions look nothing like the parts
2. Your friend wants to go to the beach. It's cold and cloudy so you don't want to.
3. You are watching a movie, and something rather confusing happens. You friend asks you to explain, but you can't.
4. You have just had a haircut and are shown the result in a mirror. You like it
5. You are teasing a friend by saying something that is not true. You want to warn another friend that this is a joke
6. Someone asks you if a certain football team will win a game. You are not sure - it will be close
7. Your friend has walked into the club. You want to show him where you are
8. You have seen something astonishing and you are not sure it is real.
Anagrams. Find the mixed-up word from the clue next to it.
Choose the right word(s)
1. I didn't know what to say, so I just ...
waved shrugged thumbs up
2. The boss gave a big ... to our proposal
blink hand waggle thumbs down
3. He gave me a ... to show he was not serious
shrug blink wink
4. We need another drink - give the waiter a ...
wave thumbs up shrug
5. We can only ... at his odd behaviour
waggle our hands scratch our heads wave our arms