|Use of English||Writing||Listening||Reading||Speaking|
Look at the passage below and decide which word in each line is not necessary, or is ungrammatical. Write this word in the box in the answer section, or if the line is correct, put a check in the box instead.
1. Last year I succeeded in having an ambition which I have had for many years,
2. and I went on a safari in Africa. Ever since I was a child, I had wanted to go to
3. what the books called the "Dark Continent". By later, when I was a teenager
4. in England, it seemed as though this dream would never come to true, since I came
5. from a poor family, and it was difficult even to afford holidays by the sea.
6. But when I grew older, I went to frequent college, and later qualified as an
7. accountant. Now I have my own business, and by saving in money every year, I had
8. finally enough to take myself and my family go on the holiday of a lifetime.
9. We decided to go to Kenya, and see the animals in the magnificent Serengetti park.
10. When we arrived, it was spring in the Africa, and the park was just beginning
11. to get green. We were amazed at how many animals we could see, and how much
12. unconcerned they were about people in vehicles who managed to come quite close
13. to them and take a lot of photograph pictures. I have now several albums of
14. photographs, and I like to take them out and look at them to remind myself
15. that dreams can become in reality. Now my wife wants to go the Far East!